Saturday, March 14, 2009

Morning Woes

March 5, 2009
"You dance over me, while I am unaware. You sing all around, and I never hear a sound. Lord I'm amazed by you; how you love me..."
I woke up this morning with this verse "forget what is behind, strain toward what is ahead. Press on toward the goal, for which God has called you heavenward in Christ." I knew this was not only for me, but for my boys. "Don't remind them of their past failures. Encourage them with this verse today. Help them to know that they have a hope and a future in me." The Lord wakes me up with a song and encourages me to get up, and not be afraid to face the challenges that will surely come in the present day.
What were my challenges? Lets see, Matthew (my middle son) would not eat. I was getting frustrated in all the different methods I would try to encourage him to eat something substantial. The Lord was telling me to not remind him of what he didn't do yesterday; start over today. Then there's my teenage son BJ. What do I do about his failing two subjects? "I know you're frustrated," the Lord whispers, "but I will help you. Encourage him to start over, and believe that he can learn spanish and tackle math." So I just speak positive words of encouragement over them, even when they don't receive it. I've failed miserably before, but I will commit myself to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment