Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New Season - The Best is Yet to Come


"those who hope in me will not be disappointed." (Isaiah 49:23) NIV

I have to laugh at my last post a bit. BJ wasn't even trying to read that Tony Dungy book. Its been a while since I ventured here; so much has transpired over the past few weeks, you'd have to be in regular contact with me to learn all the details.

I realized that at his age, BJ has reached there is not much forcing I can inflict, in terms of specific items he should read unless he is receptive; interested. I can remove those items from the home that would be harmful to him, but as much as I want him to be inspired by someone he may not physically meet, the best way for him to receive that is through a physical, tangible, human being. I am comforted in knowing that BJ has been brought up to love the Lord with all his heart, all his soul, all his mind, and all his strength. He has been brought up to love his neighbor as much as he loves himself. In all that BJ has learned, it is time that he make choices to continue to follow in the ways of the Lord, or take a round about way of experience, to bring him back to where he began.

There have been seasons in which people have influenced and encouraged us. There were about two from BJ's past, who had a huge impact on him; he truly admired and respected these men. They took time to get to know him and were involved in his interests and developed a real relationship with him. With the changing of the seasons people will move in and out, and for the most part, the moving out can be permanent.

So, with great expectation, I look forward to his new season of Heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment